Monday, November 21, 2011

Past Workes: Meet Lottie

Meet Lottie. She's a petite lass of about 10 inches with a head of thick auburn hair that she just couldn't seem to get to curl properly like the other girls at school could. So, she wrangled it into braids every morning, and, soon enough, found that the style rather suited her.
Lottie was crafted from the Gail Wilson doll kit of the same name, and she was a delight to make, despite her tiny size. (I'm usually partial to dolls of 14 - 18 inches in height!)
However, I managed to botch the apron. So, to rectify the issue, I used Gail Wilson's printed apron kit as substitute. I quite like it. Despite the kit being labeled for 12 inch dolls, it fits Lottie quite nicely.
She's a firm doll, stuffed entirely with wool roving. The stuffing created a good, taut canvas for her embroidered face, which is probably some of the most detailed embroidery I've done up to date (it's sad, isn't it?). I had a hard time painting on her shoes, so I just painted her a plain pair of boots. She likes them quite a bit; she says they never hamper her adventures like fancy shoes would.

No comments:

Post a Comment